Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chicken Soup


The home of my older sister, Heidi, is affectionately known as “the zoo”. Pretty much it’s chaos there 24/7. We spent a night at her house last week and she sent the following email regarding the fiasco to her oldest son in California.

Just thought I would share a funny story from the zoo. Tuesday night Holly and Greg were passing through and needed to sleep here. I had forgotten they were coming and I was at the girls’ ball game when I remembered they were on their way. When we got home, Ty was really sick to his stomach and Kosha had complained that she didn't feel good, but she always does that so I didn't pay much attention to her. We did get the mattress in, bed made, floor vacuumed and the bathroom cleaned before they got here. After everyone got settled down, Ty couldn't sleep cause he hurt too bad. I was up because I had a sinus infection. I took some medicine then laid down on the floor by the heater and Ty was on the couch. Then Misty threw up so she came and laid by us too. At 2:30am, Danny's (he's a nieghbor) rooster started crowing, waking Holly and Greg up. Then the darn thing started crowing again at 3:30, 4:30 and so on. Dad was up with a headache around 4am, he left for work at 5. Justin threw up about 2 feet from the bathroom, like you used to do. So I had to clean that up about 5:30. Finally, it was really quiet from then till 7:15. Poor Holly and Greg, they knew they spent the night at the zoo. Kosha threw up about 8am so I let her stay home. Good thing too because I was too sick to take care of Jessie so I went back to bed. It wasn't the best day or night we’ve had in a long time.
Well, I guess I better get busy cause I know my house went to pot and I’m grouchy. Just thought I'd share my funny, I figured you could appreciate the zoo.
Love, Mom

PS: I told Holly and Greg when they came back through we would have chicken dinner. Greg said sure as long as he was the one to wring the rooster's neck. I wonder if Danny would miss his new rooster very much?

1 comment:

Tyrell said...

He wouldn't miss it becaure it's always over at our house.
Tyrell