Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fat Patience

Last Sunday, I had my “almost” professional photographer sister take some photos of our new little family. She did a great job and gave me many to choose from. Unfortunately, Lula was not on her best behavior. She was grouchy and just had to have that dang binky! Of course, as soon as our little photo shoot ended, Lula decided it was time to be Miss Content. But by then Greg had already left for church and I had taken off her cute dress and headband. What a stinker!
Later, as I scanned through the photos, I had two almost simultaneous thoughts. First, was that I wished the camera could miraculously take away 15 to 20 pounds of my fat. Second, was that in several photos I can tell that my patience with Lula is starting to wear thin. Those two thoughts led to the following thoughts...I wish my fat would wear thin instead of my patience. It would also be nice if I could lose my fat as fast as I lose my patience. I have all this fat that I don’t need but very little patience, which I do need! I need fat patience! Wouldn’t it be great if my patience could be as chubby as my body and my body be as thin as my patience! That would be fantastic! But then again, if I did lose fat that easily and that often, I’d probably be dead. There wouldn’t even be anything left of me! I guess the up side is that at least I’d be kicking it in the after-life with some thunder thigh sized patience!

Hope you enjoy the pics!




7 comments:

Annie said...

Holly,
I am laughing~what a clever little person you are! And you are NOT fat...you look gorgeous! And can i just say that I am IN LOVE with the last picture in this post! You and Lula look sooo sweet...i got a little teary eyed! Love you. Annie (oh, and I guess Greg looks hot too...hee hee)

Anonymous said...

Holly! Those pictures are perfect and beautiful! You're post cracked me up and made me cry all at once. I am with you sister...I need fatter patience. I am so glad to see sweet family pictures! You both look SO great with Lula! And she is adorable as ever. Jessi

Finlinson's said...

I love your pictures! They look amazing. How darling is your little angel, and I don't mean Greg!!

Kel said...

Ain't that the truth! lol But you don't need to lose any pounds! YOur pictures are awsome, I'm so happy that you have the family that you guys have waited so long for! Worth every minute wasn't she!

Sara Muir said...

Holly, That last pic of you and LULA is to die for. I love it and you look gorgeous. WOW. I also need my patience to get fatter and my ass to get thinner. I guess I might need to get off of it and work on that. You look great by the way!!!

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

I think that they look great! I absolutely LOVE that last one! You look beautiful! It was so good to see you last week! I hope to see more of you and that little Lula:)(and Greg too):)

Tara said...

Few men can pull off pink so T bone I have got to hand it to you! And Holly, new moms are cursing your name right now. Why? You look fabulous in every department! So cheers!